TULLE SKIRT - SPRING

Sunday, June 7, 2015





Dress: Forever 21
Top: H&M
Shoes: Just Fab
Clutch: Target 
Rings: Etsy (France, Oui)


There’s something frivolous and fun about tulle skirts that always make me feel so indulgently adorable when I wear them. I think that’s why I became so attached to the tutu I packed when I backpacked through Europe for a summer. Without fail (regardless of when the last time I showered was, or if I had just wasted a whole day hitchhiking without getting a lift), putting on a tulle skirt made me feel like I was killin’ it. And they still have that effect on me.

This tulle dress in particular though…buying it was a serious win for my closet. It is the perfect mix of feminine, fancy, and fun while being deceptively comfortable. And, until it’s socially acceptable to sloppily wrap yourself in your bedsheets and call that getting dressed for the day (a girl can dream), I will always be on the hunt for pretty dresses that make me feel like that's what I'm doing. This tulle dress ranks high in that category.

Obviously, a tulle skirt was also the best way to break in my new blazer. (Pinterest trend for the win!) I bought this blazer this past winter when the $3 Goodwill blazer I bought in college literally began to fall apart at the seams. Not much makes me feel more like a grown-ass woman than discarding my thrift store blazer for a brand new J. Crew one. Also, using the phrase grown-ass woman--that’s right, I curse when I want and buy overpriced clothes. Grown-up world, I have arrived! Albeit in the most girly and whimsical way possible.

No comments :

Post a Comment