HUNTERS - SPRING

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Red Hunters

Red Hunter Boots

These Hunter boots are far and away one of my favorite items in my closet. In part because, as Kaitlin explained in her Hunter post, they are a classic piece that fit well in any wardrobe, no matter the trends of the moment. In addition to that, they are also extremely practical — the first time I ever used them was during my first month in Princeton and there was a heavy and unexpected snowfall. My naive Floridian mind was blown at how warm and dry my feet stayed in my Hunters even well traipsing through the snow.

But the reason I love my bright red Hunters is all because of Ramona Quimby. (If you’ve never read this children’s series, then I’m truly sorry to inform you that you never actually had a childhood.) When Ramona is 5, her mother buys her a brand new, gloriously shiny pair of red rain boots. And ever since I read that story, I longed for my own pair of rain boots just like Ramona's. Seriously, I held onto this desire for 15 long years and then finally on my 23rd birthday I received these Hunters as a birthday present from my boss.

How to style red Hunter boots

Every time I see my rain boots, I feel a bit of glee and satisfaction looking at the fulfillment of one of my childhood dreams. Though I’m not positive what my 7-year-old self would think of me now (I mean, why in the world haven’t I married Joshua Jackson yet?! What am I doing with my life that could be more important?), I’m certain she would adore my gorgeous red Hunters just as much as I do and be proud of me for finally owning a pair.


On a different note, my 25-year-old self is proud of me for incorporating these bright red boots into a “Spring” outfit. I told Kaitlin when we first decided to do this post that I I feel like these boots lend themselves well to every season EXCEPT Spring (soft, muted colors is where it’s at for Spring, and bright red certainly does not fit into that category…or even complement the colors in that category). But I accepted the challenge Barney Stinton style and I’m pretty pleased with the result. The anthropologie top with its ivory and white stripes and floral undershirt paired with the muted grey lace skirt feels very Spring to me, but the red tones in the flowers still coordinate well with my Hunters. (Yes, I put this much thought into my outfits. Obviously, the question you are asking by now is am I super committed to do I need to be committed? ...Please don’t answer that.)

Styling red Hunter boots

So, my beloved red Hunters can work in Spring too. Just one more reason to love them. Although, Kaitlin’s response after seeing the photos was, “but why does it look like fall?” For the love of God stop paying attention to the background and keep you eyes locked on the floral pattern on my shirt ONLY. It’s SPRING, OK?!

No comments :

Post a Comment